With our prime North Hills location, The Cardinal is close to many popular destinations. You’re close to upscale and casual dining, shopping at unique boutiques or Crabtree Valley Mall, plus opportunities for education, culture and recreation at nearby museums, gardens, theaters, performance centers, and more. Our neighborhood even has a 24-hour Harris Teeter, several banks, Walgreens, gas station, hair salons, hotels and more!
No matter the type of outing you have planned, if it’s not within walking distance, we’ll even provide scheduled transportation.
Some of our residents’ favorite spots include:
- North Hills District – Step out your front door and your neighborhood is an innovative urban development where you can dine, play, shop, and be entertained.
- Memorial Auditorium / Duke Energy Center for the Performing Arts – Opened in 1932 and refreshed in 1990, this is the crown jewel of North Carolina performing arts.
- The JC Raulston Arboretum at NC State University – This 10-acre garden has one of the largest and most diverse collections of plants adapted for landscape use in the Southeast.
- The North Carolina Museum of Art – Housing the art collections of the State of North Carolina, works at NCMA span more than 5,000 years, from ancient Egypt to the present.
- PNC Arena – Home to the Carolina Hurricanes of the NHL and the NC State Wolfpack men’s basketball team of the NCAA Division 1, the arena also hosts a wide array of concerts, family shows, and other events each year.
- North Carolina Museum of Natural Sciences – This is the largest museum of its kind in the Southeast with more than 1.7 million specimens of amphibians, reptiles, birds, fish, mammals, invertebrates, fossils, plants, geology, and meteorites.